Come join us for a family braai and celebrate Heroes day!
The heroes of the Zimbabwean nation are honoured every year in the National Heroes Acre, where some of the soldiers from the revolution are buried. People come to lay down wreaths on their grave sites, and the president of the country comes to pay his respects. The main events for Heroes’ Day are held in the capital city of Harare, but there are similar events held all over the country.
Come join us on the 25th of May 2019 to celebrate Africa Day!
Interesting facts about Africa
- The longest river in the world, the Nile (4,132 miles), is located in Africa.
- Africa has the world’s largest desert, the Sahara, which is almost the size of the United States.
- Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in Africa; it is 355 feet high and one mile wide.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain on the continent. It towers over 19,300 feet, which is so tall that glaciers can be found at its summit even though the mountain is near the equator.
- Madagascar is the largest island in Africa and the fourth largest island in the world. It is in the Indian Ocean off the East coast of Africa.
- A plateau called Witwatersrand in South Africa has produced half of the gold ever mined on Earth.
The third annual hosting of the Ambassadors Cup promises to be bigger and better than ever. Sponsored by international Wealth management firm Carrick Wealth and hosted by His Excellency, the Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany, Dr. Thorsten Hutter. The event showcases the best of Zimbabwean Polo, Fashion, Food and Wine. The event has become one of Zimbabwe’s premier social and networking events with VIP guests enjoying an open bar, three course meal and hotly contested best dressed competition. The 2018 event continues the relationship with charity St Josephos 18+ and proceeds from incredible raffles and the event itself are donated directly.