Come join us on the 25th of May 2019 to celebrate Africa Day!
Interesting facts about Africa
- The longest river in the world, the Nile (4,132 miles), is located in Africa.
- Africa has the world’s largest desert, the Sahara, which is almost the size of the United States.
- Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in Africa; it is 355 feet high and one mile wide.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain on the continent. It towers over 19,300 feet, which is so tall that glaciers can be found at its summit even though the mountain is near the equator.
- Madagascar is the largest island in Africa and the fourth largest island in the world. It is in the Indian Ocean off the East coast of Africa.
- A plateau called Witwatersrand in South Africa has produced half of the gold ever mined on Earth.